Labor Force statistics are only available county-wide through Iowa Workforce Development.
February 2018 (January2018)
Unemployment Rate – Iowa: 3.5% (3.6%)
Unemployment Rate – Mahaska County: 3.6% (4.0%)
Resident Civilian Labor Force: 11,390 (11,320)
Resident Unemployed: 410 (450)
Resident Total Employed: 10,980 (10,870)
Not seasonally adjusted
- 2016 Mahaska County Laborshed Survey & Analysis
- 2013 Mahaska County Laborshed Survey Analysis
- U.S. Department of Labor has several tools for job seekers and employers.
- Earn & Learn: Encourages Iowa job seekers and employers to explore registered apprenticeship opportunities.
- Iowa Workforce Development Office: Iowa Workforce Development contributes to the economic security of Iowa’s workers, businesses and communities through a comprehensive statewide system of employment services, education and regulation of health, safety and employment laws. On-line filing and search services are available.
- The Job Network: An on-line searchable tool where posted employment opportunities can be searched by demographics and job types.
- NationJob Network: NationJob is a community based, Internet recruitment solution, job board, and email service. Jobs are posted by state and are searchable by communities within a given state.
- Mahaska County posts available employment opportunities on their official web site.
- Oskaloosa Area Chamber & Development Group: The OACDG is not a civic club, charitable organization, or department of the city government; but a nonprofit, tax-paying organization which works for the community.
- Oskaloosa, Iowa: The City of Oskaloosa posts available employment opportunities on their official web site.