Recreation is a key component of economic development and quality of life for a community which is the primary reason the Mahaska Community Recreation Foundation teamed up with the community to receive hotel-motel taxes as a result of a community vote in 1998. MCRF uses these funds along with grants, donations, and fundraisers to support the facilitation of recreation for the community. Read more about MCRF here.
The Hotel/Motel tax rate in Oskaloosa is 5%. Click here to be directed to the Iowa Department of Revenue and Finance web site where the complete Hotel/Motel Tax Distribution Summary & Tax Jurisdiction with Rates can be found.
Distribution Summary for Oskaloosa:
- Annual Fiscal Year 2017: $103,658
- Annual Fiscal Year 2016: $112,718.0
- Annual Fiscal Year 2015: $116,951.80
- Annual Fiscal Year 2014: $99,201.50
- Annual Fiscal Year 2013: $97,772.90