Labor Force statistics are only available county-wide through Iowa Workforce Development. The most current data available is July 2017 where the state’s unemployment rate was 3.1%.
Mahaska County: October 2017 (September 2017)
Not seasonally adjusted – Benchmark: 2014
Resident Civilian Labor Force: 11,750 (11,840)
Resident Unemployed: 320 (380)
Percent Unemployed: 2.7 (3.2)
Resident Total Employed: 11,430 (11,460)
Labor Mgmt. Disputes: 0
- 2016 Mahaska County Laborshed Survey & Analysis
- 2013 Mahaska County Laborshed Survey Analysis
- U.S. Department of Labor has several tools for job seekers and employers.
- Iowa Workforce Development Office: Iowa Workforce Development contributes to the economic security of Iowa’s workers, businesses and communities through a comprehensive statewide system of employment services, education and regulation of health, safety and employment laws. On-line filing and search services are available.
- The Job Network: An on-line searchable tool where posted employment opportunities can be searched by demographics and job types.
- NationJob Network: NationJob is a community based, Internet recruitment solution, job board, and email service. Jobs are posted by state and are searchable by communities within a given state.
- Mahaska County posts available employment opportunities on their official web site.
- Oskaloosa Area Chamber & Development Group: The OACDG is not a civic club, charitable organization, or department of the city government; but a nonprofit, tax-paying organization which works for the community.
- Oskaloosa, Iowa: The City of Oskaloosa posts available employment opportunities on their official web site.